I learned a few years ago that it is so incredibly easy to make healthy, REAL popcorn, even organic popcorn, in just a couple of minutes. And best of all, you can choose the ingredients you use and know exactly what is in your popcorn. All you need is whole kernel popcorn, butter, salt and a paper bag. Yep, that easy!
Pre-packaged microwave popcorn bags are so convenient and quick but we decided years ago to stop buying them and eating our popcorn this way. There is a lot more hiding in those bags than just popcorn. Unfortunately, they are full of processed ingredients and chemicals that are proving to be very harmful (find out more here). Yeah, that’s not gonna work for my family.
How to Make 2-Minute Organic Popcorn:
- Put about 1/4 cup of popcorn in a lunch-size paper bag (use organic or at least non-GMO popcorn for the healthiest option!)
- Fold down the bag about 3 times. Do not staple!
- Microwave on high for about 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
- During the last 30 seconds, listen to pops and if they lessens to one pop per second or less, stop the microwave so you don’t burn your popcorn.
- Carefully remove the bag (it will be HOT!) and pour the popcorn into a bowl.
- Melt about 2 tbsp of butter or coconut oil and slowly pour over the popcorn. Pour a little at a time, shake up the popcorn and then continue until all of the butter has been used.
- Salt to taste. Add other fun toppings too if desired like Parmesan, cinnamon and more fun toppings!
What’s your favorite flavor to enjoy on your popcorn? Tell us in the comments below!
Want more useful tips like this?
Subscribe and get my FREE e-Book!
The Top 10 Most Popular Posts from the Past Year
Get simple tips & tricks to better manage your home including real food recipes, kids & family fun, thrifty living, natural living, hacks for your home and more!