As the Christmas season gets closer and closer, I find myself getting excited to bring out all of our ornaments. I love a pretty Christmas tree, but I also love our collection of sentimental ornaments given to our family by special friends and family, and of course those one-of-a-kind treasures made by each of my kids. I used to tease my mom because she still had the Fruit Loop necklace I made when I was 5 years old hanging on her tree. Now that I have kids, I get it, and have my own collection handmade ornaments (although I do avoid cereal necklaces!)
How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Do you have a collection of special ornaments that take you back to the moment you received them?
This year, why not create some new Christmas memories by making some beautiful ornaments with your children. They can hang on your family’s tree to remember the time you spent together making them or they can be given away as special gifts for teachers, friends or family. Here are 21 special ornaments that you can make this year with your kids, while making some incredible holiday memories too!
21 Homemade Christmas Ornaments
1. Vicky Barone – DIY Bead & Pipe Cleaner Christmas Ornaments
2. Typically Simple – Bottle Cap Christmas Ornament
3. Craftaholics Anonymous – DIY Baby’s First Christmas Ornament
4. Not Quite Susie Homemaker – DIY Baby’s First Christmas Footprint Ornament Craft
5. Crafts by Amanda – Christmas Tree Light Bulb Ornament
6. Easy Peasy and Fun – Popsicle Stick and Twigs Christmas Tree
7. The Joys of Boys – Easy Candy Cane Ornaments
8. Kid’s Craft Room – Pine Cone Craft-Christmas Robin Ornaments
9. Mod Podge Rocks Blog – Mod Podge Reversible Christmas Ornaments
10. Mom Inspired Life – Kid Made Nativity Ornament
11. Vicky Barone – DIY Chalkboard Ornaments
12. Typically Simple – Curled Paper Strips Christmas Ornament
13. Frugal Mom Eh – Vintage Washi Tape Ornaments
14. The Nerd’s Wife – Fingerprint Snow Globe Keepsake Ornament
15. Crafts by Amanda – Seashell Angel Ornament
16. Easy Peasy and Fun – Cotton Rounds Angels Ornaments
17. Kid’s Craft Room – Paper & Bead Christmas Ornaments
18. Yellow Bliss Road – Sheet Music Paper Fan Christmas Ornaments
19. Mod Podge Rocks Blog – Holiday Shadowbox Ornament with Mini Action
20. School Time Snippets – Glitter Bird Ornament
21. Tutus & Tea Parties – Fabric Ornament Christmas Ball
Tell us about your favorite ornaments made by your kids in the comments below!
Want more useful tips like this?
Subscribe and get my FREE e-Book!
The Top 10 Most Popular Posts from the Past Year
Get simple tips & tricks to better manage your home including real food recipes, kids & family fun, thrifty living, natural living, hacks for your home and more!