It’s Fall…Hello falling leaves, crisp mornings and pumpkin spice lattes! Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year. I love the warm days and cool nights and how it gets dark just a little earlier each day. I love the spicy smells, the colors and the tastes of anything pumpkin!
I love getting out and enjoying the seasonal activities that the Central Coast of California has to offer. The season comes and goes so quickly so, this year, I wanted to put together a list of fun events and family-friendly adventures we can all enjoy this year.
Be sure to let me know of any great events or activities I may have missed!
Family-Friendly Central Coast Fall Activities
Available through October 2016:
- Cambria Scarecrow Festival – stroll the main streets of Cambria, San Simeon and Harmony and view the over 500 unique, locally-made scarecrows all over town! Oct 1 – 31
- Jack Creek Farms – Templeton/Paso Robles area – Cider Tasting, Honey Tasting, U-Pick Pumpkins, Pumpkin Patch, Farm Animals, Antique Farm Equipment, Hay Maze, Wooden Train, Lasso a Dummy Steer, Water Pump Barrels, Tractor Tire Garden
- Mid State Scare – the Central Coast’s best haunted house. Begins Oct 1.
- Cal Poly Corn Maze – come find your way through the kid-friendly corn made put on by the Cal Poly Crops Club. (dates TBD)
- Brookshire Farms (formally La Familia Farms) at 4747 Los Osos Valley Rd, San Luis Obispo. U-Pick Pumpkins, bounce houses, a huge bounce pillow, corn maze and more. $10/person on weekends or $8/person on weekdays or free if you’re there to purchase pumpkins ($.50/lb).
- Avila Valley Barn – 560 Avila Beach Drive, San Luis Obispo. U-pick Pumpkins, hay maze, hay rides, feed the animals, u-pick apples and more.
- SLO Creek Farms – U-pick apples and pumpkins
- My Granny’s Garden – Oct 3 – 31st. 775 San Marcos Rd, Paso Robles. An amazing corn maze, a straw maze with electric cars for little kids, the haunted Lost Dutchman mine, and lots of fun farm animals, including an emu, Jacob sheep, miniature horses, miniature donkeys and a large assortment of exotic pumpkins, squashes and gourds.
- Nipomo Pumpkin Patch – Oct 1 – 31st. 662 Eucalyptus Road, Nipomo. Great selection of exotic pumpkins and great photo opps too!
- 1st: Morro Bay Harbor Festival. 11 – 8 pm. Embarcadero. Seafood, water-craft demonstrations, races, vendors, and fireworks
- 15 – 16th : Nipomo Octoberfest. Nipomo Regional Park
- 20th: Giant Pumpkin and Scarecrow Contest – come on down to Farmer’s Market in SLO for a jack-o-lantern contest, giant pumpkin weigh in, scarecrow contest and more!
- 21st – 23rd: Pismo Beach Clam Festival. Parade, best local chowder contest, surf contest, food, Beer & Wine Garden and Pier Pub, music and the Friday night wine walk
- 28th: Boo Bash – Head to Meadow Park in SLO for a costume party, haunted house and even a nighttime movie!
- 29th: Pismo Beach Pumpkins on the Pier. 10 – 2pm. Food, beverages, costume contest, games, bounce houses, pumpkin decorating.
- 29th : Zoo Boo at Charles Paddock Zoo. Atascadero. 5 – 8:30pm. Admission $10 per person; Members $9 per person; 2 and under Free. Wear a costume and enter their vegetable carving contest.
- 29th: Grover Beach Carved Pumpkin Contest. 5 – 8 pm. Ramona Gardens
- 31st: New Life Fall Family Festival – 5 – 8 pm, New Life Church 990 James Way, Pismo Beach: Games, Candy, Photo Booth, Food, Prizes, Bounce Houses, Tri Tip Dinner, Portraits, Cake Walk and more!
- 31st: Safe & Fun Halloween in Paso Robles. 3 – 6pm. Trick ‘o Treat at the local downtown businesses and enter their pumpkin carving contest
- 31st: Arroyo Grande Trick or Treat in the Village. 3 – 5 p.m. Trick o’ Treat at the downtown businesses in the village.
Do you know of more events or fun activities happening around town? Tell us in the comments below and I’ll add them to this list!
Want more useful tips like this?
Subscribe and get my FREE e-Book!
The Top 10 Most Popular Posts from the Past Year
Get simple tips & tricks to better manage your home including real food recipes, kids & family fun, thrifty living, natural living, hacks for your home and more!