Have you ever stopped to notice all the beautiful colors of vegetables and fruit that you can get. Especially as Spring turns into Summer, you see more and more varieties of produce the grocery store and local farm stands. To me, if my food it pretty, it just tastes better! Do you agree?
I eat salads often and have come up with this new favorite after lots of tests and trials. A good salad must have color, a little crunch and must also have good natural flavor without the need for much dressing. This salad has all of that and it’s so healthy too!
I hope you’ll give it a try!
Rainbow Spring Salad Recipe
(use as little or as much of each ingredient as you prefer)
- 2 big handfuls of organic mixed greens
- 1/2 cup organic cabbage mix (I use Trader Joe’s Organic Shredded Cabbage & Carrot Mix)
- 1/2 cup organic baby kale
- 1 carrot, shredded or I use a peeler for thin strips
- 4 fresh strawberries, sliced
- Sliced Roasted Deli Turkey or other meat of choice
- Raw Sunflower Seeds, as desired
- Crumbed Goat or Feta Cheese, as desired
Layer all of the items in a big bowl and top simply with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Or try my favorite homemade Italian dressing!
Enjoy and feel good about what you’re eating!
What’s your favorite salad combination? Share with us in the comments below!
Want more useful tips like this?
Subscribe and get my FREE e-Book!
The Top 10 Most Popular Posts from the Past Year
Get simple tips & tricks to better manage your home including real food recipes, kids & family fun, thrifty living, natural living, hacks for your home and more!