As parents, we want the best for our kids and we want to lead them down the path to a healthy lifestyle as best as we can. There’s nothing more frustrating though than trying to feed a child real foods that we know will benefit their health, only to have them refuse to eat anything green or gag at the sight anything besides chicken nuggets. Vitamins and minerals found in plants are essential for growing kids, but it can be so difficult to get them to consume them.
I love to find ways to sneak vegetables and vitamins into my kids’ food and usually they have no idea. They’re happy eating something they love, and I’m happy knowing they’re getting the nutrients they need to grow and live a healthy life. I’ve sneaked vegetables into smoothies, lasagnas, pasta sauces and more and the kids didn’t have a clue!
I was thrilled to be offered the chance to try out MegaFood Kids Booster Powders because they are all about finding creative ways to get kids the nutrients they need without forcing kids to eat something they don’t like or force multivitamins down their throat. MegaFood Kids Booster Powders are simply a powder that you can put into any food that your child is already eating, and it quietly mixes right in without much change in taste or texture. They will never even know! It mix in seamlessly with smoothies, yogurts, no-bake treats, and more! They work well with any allergies your child may have as they are free of gluten, dairy, soy, pesticides and herbicides and contain no sugars, sweeteners, flavorings, colorings or preservatives.
I got the chance to try 3 varieties:
- Kids Daily Multi: promotes all around healthy development with organic turmeric, carrots, fresh fruits and 23 essential vitamins and minerals per servings.
- Kids Daily Immune: this was especially nice for the current Fall season as they school colds and flus are beginning to go around. This promotes and increases immunity all year round using oranges from Uncle
Matt’s Organic, elderberry and echinacea.
- Kids Daily B-Centered: one of my children is quite a busy body and has trouble focusing at school. I was very excited to see this variety that promotes mental focus, cognitive function, and a sense of calmness.
Kids love smoothies and love ice pops so I thought this would be a fun way to give MegaFood Kids Booster Powders a try. I combined my kids’ favorite fruit flavors of strawberry, banana and coconut into a green smoothie by adding spinach, along with chia seeds, vanilla and a scoop of MegaFood Kids Daily Multi powder.
Strawberry Banana Coconut Smoothie Pops Recipe
- 1-1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp organic chia seeds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1 scoop of MegaFood Kids Booster Powder, any variety
- 3/4 cup of frozen organic strawberries
- 3/4 cup of frozen organic sliced bananas
- 3/4 cup organic baby spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp of honey, optional
Using a NutriBullet blender (or similar blender), add the ingredients in the order that they’re listed above. Blend until thick and creamy. Add a little liquid if it’s too thick or more banana if it’s too thin.
Slowly pour the smoothie mixture into your ice pop molds and then freeze until set.
This mixture can be used in any type of molds that you prefer:
We enjoyed these delicious pops after school and then again as part of breakfast the next morning. My youngest daughter (and pickiest eater!) loved them the most. “These are so good, Mom!”, she kept saying. Moms… give these a try and finally feel good about what your kids are eating!
Enter now to win a MegaFood Kids Daily Multi Powder full-size jar!
I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com), May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my honest opinion on my blog. The opinions posted are my own.
Want more useful tips like this?
Subscribe and get my FREE e-Book!
The Top 10 Most Popular Posts from the Past Year
Get simple tips & tricks to better manage your home including real food recipes, kids & family fun, thrifty living, natural living, hacks for your home and more!