Do you love Thai food? This Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Noodle Salad recipe is a delicious combination of healthy, Thai ingredients and flavors!
Thai food is my absolute favorite food. I love the vegetables, the spices, the coconut milk and especially the noodles and curries. I love to try to duplicate my favorite Thai dishes at home and thought I’d take some of my favorite Thai flavors and put them all into a healthy veggie-packed salad.
I heard about the JSL Foods Blogger Recipe Challenge and decided this was the perfect time to come up with a delicious salad made up of my favorite Thai ingredients. JSL Foods has a great variety of Fortune rice noodles available, but I knew their Coconut Curry noodles would be perfect for this recipe. I received packages of these noodles to try from JSL Foods and I was thrilled to discover that they were just as tasty as I hoped they would be. I loved that they were pre-cooked, gluten-free and made up of great real ingredients. With a quick zap in the microwave, they were ready in a few minutes!
I combined my favorite organic veggies, organic chicken, and Fortune Coconut Curry noodles into an amazing salad. This salad would make a perfect, filling one-dish meal to eat for dinner or a great option for your next potluck. I used the coconut curry spice pack that comes with the noodles to make a tasty salad dressing and marinade that brought the salad flavors to a whole new level without being overly spicy. If you love Thai food and curry, you won’t be able to get enough of this deliciousness!
Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Noodle Salad
- 2 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- Juice from a lime, squeezed with a citrus press
- 1 large garlic clove, minced with a garlic press
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated with a microplane
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (San-J Organic Tamari – gluten-free)
- 1 packet of spices from Fortune Coconut Curry Noodles
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 chicken boneless breasts, pounded thin
- 3 cups napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded (use a vegetable peeler)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, julienne peeled or halved and then sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Rice Noodles from 1 package of Fortune Coconut Curry Noodles
- Prepare the dressing first. Mix together all ingredients, except olive oil, in a small bowl. Microwave the mixture on high for 45 seconds. The mixture should come to a boil and dissolve the spices.
- Let the mixture cool and then add the olive oil. Set aside.
- Place the chicken breasts in a gallon-size plastic bag. Pound the breasts with a mallet until slightly flatten.
- Add about 3 tbsp of the dressing to the bag to mix with the chicken breasts.
- Heat a pan to medium high. Add a bit of olive oil to the pan and then add chicken breasts. Cook until browned and cooked thoroughly, slice into pieces and then set aside.
- Make a slit in the noodle package and microwave the pre-cooked noodles in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken back to the pan. Add the noodles and add another 2 tbsp of dressing.
- While cooling, chop and mix all vegetables in a large salad bowl.
- Add the chicken and noodle mixture to the vegetables and add the rest of the salad dressing. Mix completely and then refrigerate until cold.
Thank you to JSL Foods for providing these tasty noodles. Find these noodle varieties at Shaws, Star Market, Jewel, Albertsons, Randalls, Stater Bros, Safeway, Lucky’s, Food Maxx, Food 4 Less, Savemart, Bashas’, Raley’s, Bel Air, Nob Hill Foods, WinCo, or Target.
Do you love Thai food too? What are your favorite Thai flavors? Tell us in the comments below!
Want more useful tips like this?
Subscribe and get my FREE e-Book!
The Top 10 Most Popular Posts from the Past Year
Get simple tips & tricks to better manage your home including real food recipes, kids & family fun, thrifty living, natural living, hacks for your home and more!