As many of you know, I’ve been working hard on me lately to get healthier. It’s been wonderful journey that’s opened my eyes to a new way of living that I never knew existed. Life doesn’t have to be full of processed foods and chemicals like we all got used to in the 90’s. Once you experience a cleaner lifestyle without all the junk, it is life-changing and makes you want to do more and more to for your own health and the health of your family.
Through this journey I’ve certainly learned how to eat cleaner and have seen amazing weight loss because of it. But I’ve also started looking for ways to make my household cleaner too. Now that I’m not putting the processed chemicals into my body by way of my food, why would I want to be breathing the toxic fumes of cleaners or consuming the leftover chemicals that get transferred to my food from my “clean” counters? Why would I want to put clothes on my body that have been “cleaned” in chemicals and will be absorbed into my body through my skin? Why would I want to wash my face in chemicals and also have that absorbed into my skin? Toxins and chemicals get into our systems in many more ways than just our food. Every household cleaner and personal care items also leak nasty toxins into our systems.
I recently got the chance to try an EnviroCloth from Norwex. I went to a party at a friend’s house assuming it was just another sales-y party for another “amazing” product. It wasn’t long into the party though that I realized this was pretty amazing and like nothing I’d ever seen before. Right before my eyes, I watched the consultant spill chicken juice all over the kitchen counter spreading harmful bacterial every where. She pulled out a strip that would test whether or not there was bacteria on the surface. It was no surprise that the counter was covered in bacterial. She then pulled out a Norwex EnviroCloth, wet it under the faucet with just water and wiped the surface where the chicken had spilled. She then took a Window Cloth to dry the surface. She took out another strip to test the surface again and incredibly the result showed that there was NO BACTERIA PRESENT! No way! I couldn’t believe my eyes. How could water and a cloth clean up bacteria from chicken?
I was sold. Seriously, I had to have one of these! I could use this cloth all over my house to clean up bacteria, crumbs and kid grime. I was prepared to buy one at the end of the party but to my surprise, I ended up being the winner of a Free EnviroCloth giveaway! I took it home and used it over and over again. I loved it and it literally never dried because I used it so often. I realized quickly that I would need at least one more so I could rotate them and have at least one that was dry once in awhile. Along with my order, I also ordered a few more products and have been so happy with my purchases.
5 Norwex Products that I use every day in my house:
- This is the perfect product to start with. It can be used all over your house and can be used over and over again. I use it to wipe my kitchen counters, pick up crumbs and clean grease on my stove, to wipe down my kitchen table after meals, to dry my hands and dishes, to clean my mirrors and windows (including car windows!) and to clean up spills around the house. You simply wet the cloth, wipe the area that needs cleaning and it’ll pick up liquids, germs and even crumbs. Then rinse the cloth under water again and hang it to try. Rinsing it releases the germs and grime and make it clean and ready to use again next time
Norwex Body Cloths
- I use this cloth daily to clean my face at night and during my shower. I simply wet it with warm water and gently wipe my face, neck and eyes. It removes makeup, dirt, oil and even eye liners and mascara in just a few seconds. It leaves my face feeling soft and clean. Usually I don’t need any moisturizer after it but will use a little coconut oil sometimes if I’m feeling a little dry. These can also be used on your entire body in the shower to replace body wash and a pouf. Seriously, a must-have! Say goodbye to body wash, soap, facial cleaners and moisturizer!
Norwex Dusting Mitt
- This handy mitt is used dry all over your house to clean up dust. I love using it on my furniture surfaces, on blinds and even on computers screens. It locks in the dust and doesn’t let go (until washed).
Norwex Ultra Power Plus Laundry Detergent
- I’ve been searching for a healthy laundry detergent for some time now. Even the free & clear detergents are still chemical-filled. After loving my other Norwex products so much, I thought I’d give the laundry detergent a try too. And let me tell you… I LOVE it and will never go back to anything else. It’s 100% biodegradable and free from phosphates and fillers. Best of all, it really cleans well. My clothes come out smelling fresh (despite having no added scents) and rarely do I need to pre-work on a stain. It’s super concentrated too so I only use about a 1/2 of a scoop with each full load. It lasts me a really long time.
- This is my newest addition and it’s amazing! I actually got it for my husband so he could easily clean his BBQ grates. It’s a super tough scrubber sponge that works wonders on non-stick surfaces and glass-top stoves. We just discovered how well it works on our pots and pans too, even those with caked on eggs or other foods. Simply wet the sponge and gently wipe. No soap needed! It quickly cleans the surface and even removes grease. When it needs cleaning, you just place it in the top shelf of your dishwasher!
Win an EnviroCloth Giveaway!
Image credit: Norwex
Want more useful tips like this?
Subscribe and get my FREE e-Book!
The Top 10 Most Popular Posts from the Past Year
Get simple tips & tricks to better manage your home including real food recipes, kids & family fun, thrifty living, natural living, hacks for your home and more!